Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
- 750 g (1 lb) Beef Simmering Steak (e.g. Blade or Cross Rib), sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup slivered carrot (about 2 large carrots)
- Sliced green onion for garnish
- Toss steak strips with cornstarch to coat well in a sealable bag or bowl. Set aside.
- Combine oil, garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar and carrots in a slow cooker. Add steak slices and stir to coat with sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or on LOW for 4 to 5 hours, stirring once. Garnish with some sliced green onion.