Pan-seared Beef Grilling Steak with Chili-Maple Sauce
- 705 g (1.b lb) Grilling Steaks
- 3/4 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp EACH butter and vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Asian chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Season steaks all over with Chinese five spice powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat butter and oil over medium-high heat in large non-stick skillet or cast iron fry-pan. Add steaks and cook for 6 to 12 minutes, turning at least twice, until golden brown or digital instant-read thermometer inserted sideways into steak reads 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare. Remove steaks and set aside.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add broth, maple syrup and chili-garlic sauce; bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Meanwhile, mix cornstarch with 2 tsp cold water; whisk into sauce and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in green onions. Serve drizzled over steaks.