Mongolian Beef Stir-fry
Top sirloin steak.
Write a review
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chicken broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 Prince Edward Island Certified Beef top sirloin steak (about 1 lb/ 450 g), cut into very thin slices
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1” (2.5 cm) knob of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 to 2 small red chillies, seeds and steams removed, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- In a small bowl or cup, whisk together the chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown beef and remove from the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) of oil to the skillet. Once hot, fry the garlic, ginger and red chillies until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil to thicken the sauce.
- Add back the beef and any accumulated juices along with the green onions, reserving a bit for garnish.
- Stir thoroughly to coat and remove from heat. Top with remaining green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
- Goes well over steamed rice or chewy Asian style noodles. Serve with steamed greens such as bok choy or broccoli.
Prince Edward Island Beef https://islandbeef.ca/