Herb Crusted Beef Petite Tender
Petite Tender can be cooked whole like a small tenderloin roast or cut cross-wise into filet-style steaks.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme
- 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Petite Shoulder Tender Beef Oven Roast (approx 500 g)
- Kosher salt and coarse pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- Combine parsley, thyme, paprika and garlic in small bowl; set aside.
- Rub beef all over with salt and pepper. Heat oil over medium-high heat in heavy skillet; add beef and cook, turning, until golden brown all over.
- Brush roast all over with Dijon mustard. Coat all over with reserved herb mixture, pressing mixture. Place pan with roast in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes for medium-rare doneness or until digital instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of beef reads 145°F(63°C).