Tequila Lime Fajitas
Inside round for BBQ.
Write a review
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tequila
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tsp (20 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) red chili flakes
- 2 Prince Edward Island Certified Island Beef Inside round fast fry steaks (½ lb/225 g each)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 orange or yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/8 tsp (0.6 mL) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup (240 mL) prepared guacamole
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Preheat the grill on the highest setting.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a shallow glass or plastic container. Add the steaks, turning and submerging as much as possible. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Toss together the onion, peppers, oil and salt to coat. Arrange in a single layer in the middle of a large piece of foil. Fold and crimp the foil to create a packet, then pierce a few holes in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and pat dry with paper towel, brushing off as much of the garlic as possible. Discard the marinade.
- Grill the steaks and vegetables for 4 to 5 minutes, turning the steaks half way through, or until the vegetables are tender and the beef is medium doneness. Remove from grill.
- Allow the steaks to rest for 3 minutes. Thinly slice the steak against the grain.
- Serve the steak, peppers and onions with the tortillas, guacamole and tomatoes, allowing your guests to assemble their fajitas as desired.
- If you don’t have a BBQ, the steak and vegetables can be cooked on the stovetop by sautéing the vegetables in a large skillet over medium-high heat (adding a bit of the steak marinade if desired) until tender, and then searing the steaks for 2 minutes per side.
Prince Edward Island Beef http://islandbeef.ca/