Tandoori Roast Beef
This beef recipe is delicious hot or cold served with flatbread and a salad of greens tossed with apple slices, shredded cucumber and slivered red onion.
Write a review
1 hr 15 min
1 hr 15 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced ginger root
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) hot curry powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 4 lb (2 kg) Prince Edward Island Certified Beef Rotisserie or Oven Roast (e.g. Sirloin Tip, Inside or Outside Round)
- Cumin-Scented Dressing (recipe follows)
- Combine yogurt, garlic, onion, ginger, lemon juice, curry powder, chili powder and salt in large sealable freezer bag. Pierce roast all over with fork. Place in bag with marinade; seal bag, squeezing gently to massage marinade into beef. Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours. Discard marinade.
- Place drip pan containing ½ inch (1 cm) water under grill. Preheat barbecue to medium-high (400°F/200°C). To Cook with Rotisserie: Insert spit rod lengthwise through centre of roast; secure with holding forks and place roast over drip pan. To Cook without Rotisserie: Place roast on grill over drip pan that is moved to one side; turn off burner under just the roast.
- Insert meat thermometer into middle of roast, avoiding spit rod (if using). Cook at constant heat, in closed barbecue, until thermometer reads 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare, about 1-½ hours. Remove roast to cutting board; tent with foil for 10 to 15 minutes. Carve into thin slices across the grain. Serve with Cumin-Scented Dressing.
- Cumin-Scented Dressing: Combine ¾ cup (175 mL) EACH mayonnaise and ranch dressing, and 1-½ tsp (7 mL) ground cumin. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours for flavours to develop.
- Good source of iron (22% DV) and an excellent source of zinc (90% DV), 18% DV sodium.
Prince Edward Island Beef http://islandbeef.ca/