Strip Loin Medallion Surf & Turf
Grilled beef steak and shrimp — an easy but elegant surf and turf recipe.
Write a review
- 1 tsp (5 mL) black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground coriander
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- ½ tsp (2 mL) curry powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) celery salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) garlic salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 ½ lb (0.68 kg) Prince Edward Island Certified Island Beef Strip Loin Grilling Steaks or Medallions, each 6 oz (185 g)
- 12 large fresh prawns/shrimp (optional), shells removed and tails on
- Combine seasonings in small bowl. Rub steaks all over with seasoning mixture; refrigerate for 30 minutes. If serving prawns as part of meal, soak 4 bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Broil or grill steaks using medium-high heat, for 10 to 12 minutes, turning at least twice, for medium-rare doneness 145°F(63°C). Transfer to platter; tent with foil and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thread 3 prawns onto each skewer and broil or grill for 2 minutes per side, turning only once. Serve each steak with a skewer of prawns.
- Excellent source of iron (36% DV) and zinc (77% DV).
Prince Edward Island Beef http://islandbeef.ca/