Rush-Hour Roast Beef Dinner
Mini Beef Quick Roasts are beef roasts cut to weigh 1 lb (500 g) or less – just the right size for small families. This Rush-Hour Roast Beef dinner recipe gets a nutritious meal on the table quickly.
Write a review
- 1 lb (500 g) Beef Quick Roast (Eye of Round, Inside Round or Sirloin Tip)
- 1 tsp (15 mL) Onion Roasted Garlic soup mix
- 4 cup (1 L) root vegetables (parsnip, sweet potato or onion), cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) chunks
- Salt and pepper
- Rub roast all over with soup mix. Insert meat thermometer lengthwise into centre of roast so that shaft is not visible. Place into shallow ovenproof pan, on bed of root vegetables that have been coated lightly with cooking spray and seasoned.
- Cook uncovered, in 350°F (180°C) oven for 50 to 60 minutes until thermometer reads 155°F (68°C) for medium.
- Remove roast to cutting board; tent with foil for 5 minutes to allow temperature to rise 5°F (3°C). Cut into thin slices across the grain and serve with the roasted vegetables.
- A good source of Iron (16% RDI) and an excellent source of Zinc (42% RDI)
Prince Edward Island Beef http://islandbeef.ca/