A kid friendly recipe with lean ground beef.
Write a review
- 1.5 lb (675 g) Prince Edward Island Certified Island Beef lean ground beef
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (240 mL) milk
- 1 cup (240 mL) breadcrumbs or crushed saltine crackers
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1.25 mL) ground black pepper
- ¾ cup (180 mL) ketchup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the beef, carrots, onions, egg, milk, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, paprika, salt & pepper.
- Evenly divide the mixture between 18 muffin pan cups, filling each ¾ full. Using a finger, create a hole in the middle of each almost to the bottom of each muffin.
- In a small bowl, mix the ketchup, mustard & brown sugar. Divide evenly among the muffins, a scant 1 tbsp of topping each.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the beef is no longer pink. Let cool for a few minute before serving.
- For a twist on the glaze, substitute Dijon mustard or prepared horseradish for yellow mustard.
Prince Edward Island Beef http://islandbeef.ca/