Beer-Soaked Beef Rotisserie Roast with Skillet Corn & Kale Salad
Cook using a rotisserie or by indirect heat on the barbecue. You can use any Rotisserie Roast: Top Sirloin, Sirloin Tip, Outside or Inside Round, Cross Rib or Prime Rib.
Write a review
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 30 min
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) beer (ale or lager)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup (175 mL) ketchup
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chili powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh rosemary
- 4 lb (1.81 kg) Beef Rotisserie Roast (e.g. Sirloin Tip, Top Sirloin or Inside Round)
- Skillet Corn and Kale Salad (recipes follow)
- Combine all ingredients (except beef) in large sealable freezer bag. Pierce roast all over with a fork. Add roast to bag and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours. Discard marinade.
- To cook on a rotisserie, place drip pan with ½ inch (1 cm) water under grill. Using medium-high heat, preheat barbecue to 400°F (200°C). Insert spit rod lengthwise through centre of roast; secure with holding forks. Insert meat thermometer into middle of roast avoiding spit rod.
- Cook at constant heat, in closed barbecue, to desired doneness: about 1-1/2 to 2 hours, until thermometer reads 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare; 155°F (68°C) for medium.
- Remove roast to cutting board; cover with foil and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Carve into thin slices to serve.
- In large covered deep skillet or sauté pan, cook 4 cobs of corn (broken in half) in ¼ inch (1 cm) water until just tender; drain. Return to stove and cook until pan is dry; add 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter and season all over with 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried thyme leaves (if desired) and salt and pepper to taste. Heat, turning cobs often to coat well, until butter is bubbling and begins to brown.
- In large bowl, whisk together ¼ cup (50 mL) vegetable oil, 1 clove garlic, pressed, 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine or white balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp (15 mL) EACH Dijon mustard and maple syrup, ¼ tsp (1 mL) EACH salt and pepper. Add 4 cups (1 L) baby kale or torn kale leaves (stems removed), ¼ cup (50 mL) EACH pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries and 1 small apple cut into slices. Toss and serve or let stand up to 1 hour before serving.
- No Rotisserie? No Problem. Cook by Indirect Heat: Place roast on grill over drip pan on one side of the barbecue. Turn heat off just under the roast and cook as above.
Prince Edward Island Beef http://islandbeef.ca/